Friday 9 November 2012

Location - Live Performance














Here I have attatched a number of pictures I have personally took myself earlier tonight, these pictures are of the location we wish to shoot for our live performance, the live performance was due to shoot friday however due to circumstance involving organization, namely of the instruments, as well as Sean not being in school today it was therefore impossible to shoot tonight the way we wanted, this pushes the shooting into next week, however I feel as though this may have a slight postivie affect in the sense that we can organize ourselves more thoroughly in the upcoming days. Obviously this will decrease the amount of editing time although nothing can essentially be done about that so we will have to carry on and do what we can. Thankfully in order to have the ability to take these pictures late at night I contacted the school caretaker and asked if I could have the lights on at night to take pictures (I also requested to have the lights on at some point next week as well, which he agreed to). If I had not done this then these pictures would have been very dark and hard to see so I am very grateful I did. Anyway, as it is evident the lights are quite effective, I personally expected the whole court to be lit up more powerfully, however the caretaker told me that there were recent issues with the lights and they were not working as powerfully as they had been in the past few weeks. The first image shows the enterance to the school, I wanted to get this because I thought the area may be another possible place to add to somehow, I'm not thinking this would actually happen but just as perhaps a slight back-up perhaps. Evidently the pictures reveal that one side of the court is lit up very brightly in a yellow-ish sepia-like tone whilst the other side of the court is quite dark since the lights on that side are not as prevalant, therefore the area where would film would have to be the side which is more yellow-ish and bright. The other images show what the court looks like when you actually stand on the court. I decided to take some Panorama images on my phone in order to gain a clear grasp of what the area as a whole looks like when standing in on the court itself.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks atmospheric (although you will need to watch the shadows...) You will also need to use a pretty decent camera, otherwise your footage will be too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looking for your retrospective blog entry (please see my post of 6th November for info).

    ReplyDelete